Tell Me About 3d Tasters

Xiansheng

Congming
Registered
When I was involved in precision machining in a previous life, 3D tasters didn't exist. Having seen them in advertisements recently I think I know their purpose, but searching on the Internet has so far provided no definite information. Can anyone provide me with a detailed explanation about them, perhaps including technical references? Thanks.

The auto compensation for the probe tip is what sold it to me. I have a Haimer and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you both for your responses. I watched the video about the use of the 3D taster which confirmed what I expected. I agree they are a very useful device for milling set-ups and one will be on my shopping list forthwith! Thanks again.

Being a poor recent college grad, I can't afford a new Haimer. Does anyone else make these, or have a suggestion for where to find them used without risking eBay?

I almost bought on eBay but got lucky and found a local machine tool dealer who had a never used sample. You might contact Haimer and see who their reps are local to you and try the same.

I saw 3D taster and thought oh a new sandwich? ..... good info though

I'm afraid that $420 plus, is more than this hobbyist can handle. I'm still using the old fashioned touch, move off, and set the hand dial.

Taster is apparently German for Caliper

Yes, they are definitely not cheap! I had buyers remorse until I used it the first time!

Back