Testing A Rotophase Converter

rider89

Registered
Registered
I'm not experienced at all with 3 phase, so I have a question about how to verify that a Rotophase is in good working order. My brother is selling off some equipment, including a 3Ø BP and the converter. Probably the BP will be first to go, but then there's nothing left to run off the converter. Would just hooking up a meter on it show a buyer that it's OK ?

Just a guess, but the BP buyer will probably want the the RPC also. If not, I guess you could connect a meter to the output, it would show that all of the phases work, but without a load it may be pretty unbalanced. As a buyer, I would just want to know it starts and runs. They are really pretty bullet proof devices.

I phrased that poorly. I should have said ''If I were a buyer'' Some day I'll learn to speak English ;)

Hi Rider,
you can test from phase to phase on a RPC , whether it is loaded or not, to show that there are three phases present during operation.
if you have a small spare 3 phase motor, you could wire it in temporarily to prove operation.
the generated leg may have lower voltage in reference to the supply

Back