The toolcrib , with all my handheld Porter Cable tools,

33297757251_1ba8914d0f.jpg

33385699276_d18886c973.jpg

-James Huston

Nice old lathe, looks like a serious saw collection there too
Now I see why you have so many electric motors in pieces :cupcake:
Mark
ps my mom's name is Millicent and I have a brother named James

Thanks , Mark. The motors are something I restore to help fund the shop. At any given time, I have about a dozen motors in varying stages of completion.
I think Millicent is a pretty name, but the problem with James is that everyone calls you Jim whether you want them to or not.
Here's one of Porter Cable's stationary sanders, an S-1 oscillating spindle sander and one of my favorite rebuilds,
before,
10259725085_60af1329d7.jpg

and after.
16736193779_cf208a5377.jpg

-James Huston

Nice job! I see a nice Sheldon lathe there too
Mark
ps my brother much prefers James over Jimmy or Jim

James, I've always wanted a Porter Cable G-8 wet belt sander, got any laying around?

Here's one of Porter Cable's stationary sanders, an S-1 oscillating spindle sander and one of my favorite rebuilds

Stunning!

James, Thanks for sharing some of your wonderful tools with us.

-brino

Hi Eddy, I don't have a G-8 here but there's an industrial site about an hour from me called HGR that has them regularly. They usually start around 800.00 but often are reduced after a bit down to about 500.00. I'd have one if I had the room.Maybe someday.

Thanks, Brino, some of my favorite tools were intercepted on the way to the grave. One of my favorite worm drive sanders was in a pile of aluminum scrap, took a couple of hours to fix and has served me well for over ten years.

Well played my friend. Your work is reflective of your spirit........both appear in good health! Kudos on all fronts.

Thanks! That L&S of yours is no sick chicken ,either.Turn of the century lathes are where it's at.
-James Huston

Somewhere in my stuff, I have a original copy of a Porta Cable lathe catalog from around 1915-1920. It's not later one as posted on the Vintage Machinery site. I'll do some looking and see if I can find it.

Back