The Big LCD for Lathe Install

I'll be interested to watch this progress. Nice looking lathe!

No Worries about this being hard to read. It is very bright and the numbers are huge.

1582682789049.png

1582682809862.png

How does the manual look? Helpful or a mystery book?
Blatant self interest as I'm looking at the same unit for my new mill.

How does the manual look? Helpful or a mystery book?
Blatant self interest as I'm looking at the same unit for my new mill.

It's actually pretty decent. The translation to English is pretty good and there are lots of pictures to help clarify.

Looking forward to the install. Totally in self interest mode. Having never used a read out until I bought a used mill with one on it. I love it. Looking to add one to my lathe.

Love the size of that readout.
Wish that style had been on the market four years ago...

That looks pretty nice! I have one of the cheap Chinese DROs on my mill, and the special features end up being pretty difficult to use. I can use bolt-circle and a couple of others, but it is pretty weird to use otherwise. I'm hoping one day these LCD ones get nice enough/feature-full-enough to be worth it.

Actually, what I would LOVE is the ability to buy the hardware to one of these in a programmable state so that I can implement my own functionality.

That looks pretty nice! I have one of the cheap Chinese DROs on my mill, and the special features end up being pretty difficult to use. I can use bolt-circle and a couple of others, but it is pretty weird to use otherwise. I'm hoping one day these LCD ones get nice enough/feature-full-enough to be worth it.

Actually, what I would LOVE is the ability to buy the hardware to one of these in a programmable state so that I can implement my own functionality.
I have found the features on this model to be very easy to use, more of a learning curve than any difficulty with the features. For the bolt circle I made a pattern on my indexing head with known dimensions and then used the DRO to check the coordinates and they lined up really well to what I had made on the indexing head.

Back