The Big LCD for Lathe Install

I have found the features on this model to be very easy to use, more of a learning curve than any difficulty with the features. For the bolt circle I made a pattern on my indexing head with known dimensions and then used the DRO to check the coordinates and they lined up really well to what I had made on the indexing head.
On mine, the confusing thing (not the LCD one btw) was that the bolt circle took start-angle, end-angle, center, and # of bolts. The only way I could get it to give me the right answer was to put in 1 extra bolt and get it to start/end at 0 degrees. Otherwise the numbers were wrong.

I also guess there are enough small-features (or more easy to understand features) to these things that I'd love to be able to write custom firmware for one.

Looks great. I'm a little leery about purchases like this from China, in regards to service, warranty and future repairs.
I also have a Chinese knock off, its a Sino 2 axis but at least the vender can supply service and repairs. On my mill I have a 2 axis Fagor.
Fours years in and no problems yet with either.

I've never worked with these scales before. Can someone tell me whether this red plastic spacer is just there for shipping purpose?

1583192518128.png

I haven't seen anything like that on other similar scales so I would hasten to say that it's not necessary but I would proceed with caution.
Are you able to see anything inside if you pop off the end cap?

I'm not sure if we still do the you suck thing. If we do, you sir suck. I'm 2 days out from receiving a similar dro I ordered at the end of the year. I learned that adds abt 2 weeks to the process. Anyhow, I'm jealous and I look forward to seeing your progress and thoughts on the equipment and manual.

I'm not sure if we still do the you suck thing. If we do, you sir suck. I'm 2 days out from receiving a similar dro I ordered at the end of the year. I learned that adds abt 2 weeks to the process. Anyhow, I'm jealous and I look forward to seeing your progress and thoughts on the equipment and manual.

lol. I was just lucky to order from a seller that could ship quickly. I think I ordered around mid February. They were shipped via UPS.

Back