The Bin man Delivers???

B

BRIAN

Forum Guest
Register Today
I have a good understanding with my rubbish bin collector that any clocks don't go to the tip.
So this turned up on my doorstep today.

P1012670.JPG
a sad case of neglect. but after evicting the spiders and cleaning out years of dirt it seems that the clock has see little use in fact I can see no wear at all so after a good oiling and repairing the case
it now hangs in the upper stair well ,chiming away merrily it's amazing what ends up in the trash.

P1012671.JPG

Brian.

P1012670.JPG P1012671.JPG

Wow that's amazing and very nice looking. Hope you stay on good terms with your bin man. Gotta wonder what else he finds. You sure made it come back to life.
dickr

Looks like it ended up right where it belongs, Nice save

Today the bin man came with a sad looking orphan, Badly put together --overwound and suffering from bin rash,

with a little TLC it is now running and being given a good look over I think we can make this one a handsome clock.
P1012905.JPG

Brian.

P1012905.JPG

The movement was given a good clean and repositioned in the case 3/4" lower, the gong hammer was reset, the case given remedial treatment for the bin rash and the ghastly decorations removed.

It now hangs in pride of place over my work bench.

P1012906.JPG

Now that's a good save.

Brian.

P1012906.JPG

Sadly, our collectors don't care about what they pick up. If it gets set out, it goes. Even if it is, let's say, "of questionable legality". Now I have no issues with them picking up my chips, which they do without question, but I just wish 1) that people would actually toss out good stuff (maybe they do) and 2) I could get on the same terms you have, Brian.

Nice saves, both!

Another orphan arrived today. this one is really sad missing glass covered in cement Broken case and who knows what inside.
Off to intensive care with you poor thing.

Brian.

P1012938.JPG

P1012938.JPG

Now all it needs is a new key and the glass replaced,
I think we are going to have to find a foster home for this one.

P1012943a.jpg

Brian.

P1012943a.jpg

Back