The Chemo isn't working

Billh50

RIP 2018
Rest In Peace
Saw the concologist yesterday. The chemo I am receiving is not working. The tumor has not shrunk and seems to be growing. It is now affecting my right kidney. They tried to put a stent in the right when they were in to change the left. But the tube was too swollen to allow it.
The oncologist wants to try one more chemo drug. Supposedly this one will not hurt the kidneys.
When I asked him what my prognoses is if that didn't work, he said. My prognoses is I have about 1yr more or less. Depending on how aggressive the cancer is and if the new drug can slow it down or not.
So I guess if nothing changes for the good in a month or two it will be time to start getting rid of motorcycle and tools. as I will only get worse.
I have 1 project I have to finish so will do what I can on that for now.

Saw the concologist yesterday. The chemo I am receiving is not working. The tumor has not shrunk and seems to be growing. It is now affecting my right kidney. They tried to put a stent in the right when they were in to change the left. But the tube was too swollen to allow it.
The oncologist wants to try one more chemo drug. Supposedly this one will not hurt the kidneys.
When I asked him what my prognoses is if that didn't work, he said. My prognoses is I have about 1yr more or less. Depending on how aggressive the cancer is and if the new drug can slow it down or not.
So I guess if nothing changes for the good in a month or two it will be time to start getting rid of motorcycle and tools. as I will only get worse.
I have 1 project I have to finish so will do what I can on that for now.
Sorry to hear

Strange, the first 40 years of my life, I only knew 1 person that had cancer. Now the last 15, I lost a father, several close friends, many others that I knew, many from the internet, a nephew that has been fighting for 10 years now, and does not have much longer (21 years old), has prostrate cancer myself. Beginning to think I should start being a loner, and stay off the internet.

The bright side, a neighbor was given a year or so, and has been here for over 15 since. Docs do not know it all. I pray they are wrong in your case Bill. Also pray that you and your doctors have the strength, and knowledge to make the best decisions.

My prognoses is I have about 1yr more or less. Depending on how aggressive the cancer is and if the new drug can slow it down or not.

Sorry to hear this, Bill. The Oncologist is giving you a time frame based on statistics and you are not a statistic. I am hopeful that your new treatment will alter the outcome but you have to wait and see. I have seen people beat the odds so many times that giving you a time frame is fraught with inaccuracy. Try to stay positive and we'll all hope for a good outcome.

there is still hope brother, stay strong.
we all want you to get better as soon as possible.
i have a few friends that have beaten the odds in regards to cancer.
their attitudes of grace and strength are to be admired and emulated by all.
take one day at a time, and know we care and wish you the very best.

mickey,
he is going by how fast it has grown wether they can slow it down or not. unfortunitely the prostate cancer I have is a rarer form of the cancer.

Sorry to hear your news Bob, Keep strong We are praying and sending out good thoughts for you, I must confess that I hear more and more of people who have been afflicted with this most horrible illness.

mickey,
he is going by how fast it has grown wether they can slow it down or not. unfortunitely the prostate cancer I have is a rarer form of the cancer.

Understood, Bill. I am aware of the types of Prostate Ca. I will pray the new chemo works for you.

Back