The Cons of my new G0755

Scotty,
I received my mill in the fall two years ago when the weather was already cooling. Because it wouldn't start in the higher gears after breakin then without warm up first I just accepted it as a characteristic of the mill and have never tried it in the heat of summer when ambient temp reached 100+. I always warm it up first and too cold to test it now. The mill runs great otherwise, only hits 76 decibels at full speed, power is excellent, I couldn't be happier. I guess what I'm saying is are you sure something is wrong before you head down a path of replacing parts that may not gain anything. Maybe the motors are a little short on their horsepower claim and a brand name motor would start right up but I'll let it be for now.
Dave

just my opinion, but for my money "chips under the column" and all the other negative stuff that you and some others listed are definitely deal-breakers for me.

Screw that! I would have sent it back as defective. They don't care about QC, they don't get my money - simple as that.

I'll spend a little more for true quality any day!!

Screw that! I would have sent it back as defective. They don't care about QC, they don't get my money - simple as that.

Hey jpooch00, based on the comments you made today on the 2 threads, one about the PM932M-pdf, and the other about the G0755, I hope you are a wealthy man, and are planning on spending 15,000 PLUS on a mill. For the record, I've had my PM932M-PDF for over a year now and have been very happy with it. I even checked inside the gear head as well as other spots, and could not find a speck of grit anywhere. Good luck with your search, JR49

Nope, I'm not "wealthy" in any sense of the word. That's mainly why I don't spend money on large purchases unless they have actual value.

I was just going by the post by the OP. IMO, the value just isn't there - at least with the machine that he got. What I saw in his pics and read in his post indicates to me that the builders had no pride whatsoever in their workmanship and the QC at the factory is near-zero.

As a career certified aircraft mechanic and maintenance/repair inspector, I have no tolerance or respect at all for those failings.

No problem paying for true quality, BIG problem paying for what he described and the pics he included.

Best wishes,

JP

Last edited:
The latest:
I was running the x axis power feed on the table, and I had pushed a cart along side the machine. I allowed the table to run up over the cart where the handle on the hand wheel caught an item on the cart causing a nylon gear in the power feed to strip. Entirely my fault, so glad the power feeds have a sacrificial part, and it has easy access to replace....HOWEVER,
I have been searching for a replacement gear with little success. Shars has a gear that looks like it, $15.00, but it specifies that the drive whole is tapered, my gear is not.
I did get a reply from Danny B at Grizzly. They do not have it in stock, 6 to 8 weeks out, with shipping... over $50.00. They sell the complete unit, new, with attachments for $199.95. They want over 25% of complete new unit cost for one nylon part! Not happening!
The power feed is an Asong brand, one of Grizzlys part numbers for the unit is PT 24824. They also use AS-235. I do really like the square column mill, but... with support like that.
I'm out, no more Grizzly stuff for me.
In my search for this part I've read of other failures on this drive. I will purchase a better brand and drop this one in the trash.

Sorry to hear that mate. But somewhere else out there, someone is saying the exact same comment this moment about a similar clone... and no doubt wishes they had gone with Grizzly instead.

Chips, you might try getting that gear 3D printed. Might still be costly, though.

The latest:
I was running the x axis power feed on the table, and I had pushed a cart along side the machine. I allowed the table to run up over the cart where the handle on the hand wheel caught an item on the cart causing a nylon gear in the power feed to strip. Entirely my fault, so glad the power feeds have a sacrificial part, and it has easy access to replace....HOWEVER,
I have been searching for a replacement gear with little success. Shars has a gear that looks like it, $15.00, but it specifies that the drive whole is tapered, my gear is not.
I did get a reply from Danny B at Grizzly. They do not have it in stock, 6 to 8 weeks out, with shipping... over $50.00. They sell the complete unit, new, with attachments for $199.95. They want over 25% of complete new unit cost for one nylon part! Not happening!
The power feed is an Asong brand, one of Grizzlys part numbers for the unit is PT 24824. They also use AS-235. I do really like the square column mill, but... with support like that.
In my search for this part I've read of other failures on this drive. I will purchase a better brand and drop this one in the trash.

Check with CDCO. They carry replacement gear.

Priced having one made and one printed.... back to cheaper to buy a new powerfeed.
CDCO, is a good find, thanks for the hint. At your suggestion I went to their site and front and center is my very powerfeed. I didn't redily see how to order parts, but I sent them an email, should hear back soon.... I hope.
I'll keep you informed.
Thx
Scotty

Back