The End Of Enco?

In order to deliver you better service and more value, we are excited to announce that Enco will become MSC in late
August 2016.

Joining these two companies will seamlessly consolidate Enco under one of the strongest brands in industrial supply – MSC – and provides you with access to over one million industrial tools and supplies and a more robust service offering.

When you shop MSC you’ll get the best of both worlds*:
  • Up to 30% off MSC catalog prices – every day
  • The same prices you paid at Enco
  • Additional weekly promotional offers
  • Our low cost Freight Saver℠ shipping service
  • A superior website experience
Here’s what you need to know:
  • We’ve set you up with a new MSC account number so you can start shopping today
  • Discounted pricing is loaded to your account – for instant savings
  • You can log in to mscdirect.com to see your special pricing
  • After August 27, 2016, use-enco.com will redirect users to mscdirect.com

Getting started is easy:
Simply use your new pre-approved MSC user name ************ to experience the MSC difference today.

Be sure to log in today and start saving.

Last edited:
Ahh, but I checked and the MSC prices are not the same prices I paid at Enco. Not even close. :(

As far as I can tell, Enco has been owned by MSC for about twenty years. I wonder what made them to finally decide to absorb Enco into the mothership?

Shars is basically an Ebay seller of imported tooling, of which I pretty much have all I want already. Also, it seems that Shar's makes most of their profit on shipping charges. I remember getting my Chinese Tombstone from Enco on sale, an additional 25% off and free shipping. I guess I won't be seeing those deals again.

I'm guessing Enco was beating msc in sales , so instead of msc the parent company going under there pulling Enco in to keep msc afloat

My MSC July hot deals flyer came today. On page 3 it says to logon to mscdirect.com/enco for the same prices you got in the past 12 months from Enco. Does that mean we can expect the regular MSC pricing on things that we haven't purchased in the past 12 months?

If you look in the flyer, some items say Enco on them? Wonder why that is?

I got my monthly Enco flyer in the mail yesterday. It says the same thing about MSC carrying Enco products and the same pricing paid at Enco in the past 12 months. Not sure how to interpret these statements but my guess is MSC will sell everything that Enco sells at MSC prices. Only time will tell.

Tom S.

I interpreted the discount as applying only to those who had purchased from Enco in the past year. The implication being that new customers would not enjoy the same discount. Also, they changed their discounting procedure to be automatically applied to your purchases, based on your account rather than a promotion code which could be passed on to anyone and used.

Here is Enco's FAQ sheet.

If one is contemplating any future purchases from MSC/Enco and haven't purchased anything from Enco in the past year, it might be a good idea to make a purchase from Enco prior to their Aug. 27th absorption into MSC so that you qualify for the "purchase from Enco in the past year" status.

Attachments

• enco-faqs.pdf
    54.3 KB · Views: 12
I did my account switch over during lunch, and the results are interesting.

this is the price for a gallon of Vactra #2
  • logged in or out of ENCO $18.00
  • logged out of MSC $37.91
  • logged into MSC with my transferred account $21.99
  • logged into MSC with my transferred account when i add it to my cart $18.00
cart.jpeg

So I can get the ENCO price through MSC, but it looks like they have a few bugs to work out.

I interpreted the discount as applying only to those who had purchased from Enco in the past year. The implication being that new customers would not enjoy the same discount. Also, they changed their discounting procedure to be automatically applied to your purchases, based on your account rather than a promotion code which could be passed on to anyone and used.

Here is Enco's FAQ sheet.

If one is contemplating any future purchases from MSC/Enco and haven't purchased anything from Enco in the past year, it might be a good idea to make a purchase from Enco prior to their Aug. 27th absorption into MSC so that you qualify for the "purchase from Enco in the past year" status.
Also note that the Enco price only applies to products that you have been puchasing from Enco. Sounds to me like you will pay MSC prices if you haven't ordered that tool bit before. "you will receive those same prices on those products at MSC".

I have been buying more and more tooling from Amazon using my prime membership. I'll probably get machinery from Grizzly in the future. And my tooling from amazone and others. MSC has always been the higher priced option for similar merchandise and their shipping policies downright dumb for the digital retail world we live in. I won't say that I will not buy from MSC, because I have in the past, but it is not likely that they will become my go-to source. Of course that may just be what they are trying to do. After all, they make a lot more from industrial customers than us hobbyists.

Back