The fixture plates and clamps

Mic6 alu plate will get you a long way to the tolerances you're after and I think it might be a little harder (not to machine though) than regular 6061. Not 100% sure on that last part, but I know that mic 6 is used for fixture and tooling plates where higher tolerances are required, but not so high that surface or Blanchard grinding is called for.

Good looking products and good luck with your enterprise!

Just received the 10" x 22" deluxe fixture kit from Jake. it is outstanding in every respect. Looking forward to doing more business with Dayton CNC Products in the future.

Last edited:
Do all the holes go through so the plate can be used from both sides?
Have you considered ground flat stock, this would not need machining flat and would wear much better.

I want to do something like this for my mill except i plan to bolt mine directly to my table and would prefer 1/2-13 holes for my clamp hardware. I am still designing it. It will be a base plate that i then plan to make a subplate to attach my screwless vice to. I will design it so i can rotate the subplate to rotate my vice 90° depending on the work I am doing.

I had a question about the clamps. How much material do you have left after you mill the slot for the cap screw to sit in.

Back