The fixture plates and clamps

Thank you for the info. IMO, all that should be presented right up front and center. Tell it like it is so your potential customers can know what to expect. Otherwise, we have to ask or make assumptions.
Asking makes work and takes time. Making assumptions leads to misunderstandings.

It's all as I expected (except the tapped holes aren't through). I think your plates are good value for the money.

Thanks again for taking the time to ask and give feedback on what I can do to improve. I do want to provide some kind of accuracy statement about what I have available. I just don't feel comfortable doing it without a surface plate and a height gauge. with that being said, once I get a hold of those things, I will probably take ten of my machined plates and take them to the surface plate and record all the values and generate a bell graph so I can calculate an RMS value that I can call out for the tolerance.

I am happy to say that I have acquired a nice granite surface plate. In a couple of weeks, I should have the site updated with the general specifications for the fixtures.

I have received my clamps from Dayton CNC. There was a bit of a delay shipping to Canada, presumably due to the current pandemic, but Jake provided tracking and his communication while we waited was excellent. The size is perfect for what I'll be using them for and I really like the low-profile design. They are professionally made and black-oxided. I couldn't have produced them myself for what they cost - the value on these is awesome!

Your stuff looks perfect for my little CNC machine. I picked up some cast aluminum plate thinking I would build my own but when I get ready I might just purchase one from you.

Thanks for being a forum sponsor too :encourage:

John

Thank you for considering what I have, John :). The last couple of months have kept me busy with other work, but this fall I plan to get a few more things put up there on the site!

I like your spirit!

Now, fast forward to July 18th, year 2053. It is a strange day for Pete. Today is the day he has to open the last roll of toilet paper that his parents bought in 2020...
I love it I'm going to use that line for sure. Thanks.

Here is a thought to add to your product , come up with some kind of plug for the holes that are not in use . Sure you could use a set screw but they plug up too and are hard . I'm thinking aluminum with a shallow screw driver slot . Nice work on the plate , I hope you sell them .

I purchased the 6x12 with 1/4-10 clamp set.. Very nicely made.. Comes in handy

So I didn't know this existed! I WILL say I made something like this (no pin holes, just 1/2-13 bolt holes!). I did it out of aluminum plate, and it took the better part of a weekend to do all 50-some holes on mine! I also did a similar thing (trying to make a precision grinding block out of CI!), and the drilling and tapping was the first time I've considered getting a CNC machine :)

By the time I was done, the $140-$230 or so from yours seems like it would have been a steal :D I did mine at 7"x11"x1" or so (7" is a good size for a Kurt vise, 11" was the size of the off cut on ebay), and expect that any time I want real precision, I can fly-cut it to make sure it is perfect.

Back