The Great Escape has Begun

good for you, that's a beautiful part of the world for sure!

Super , I'm hopping the people buying my block meet my price. I have commercial business and residential where I'm at and every house or business has been devoured by some big money somewhere. I'm the corner on a main drag and side street . He'll need my side street to add access to what they build there. So I'm hopping to sell.and move to a better and Hunter friendly state south of us. Not Maryland for sure.

Congrats! I would love to live in San Francisco, but it is just too expensive.
Fortunately I don't live in or near SF. Have you been to SF lately? It was nice(r) 50 years ago. I did a lot of construction work there in the late 80's early 90's and didn't care for it then. I still have the unfortunate pleasure of having to travel to the city for work on occasion. It is really awful. It's so bad now they had to create a separate department within the city government to deal with human waste complaints.

I haven't been there lately, I am sorry to hear that. New York has become horrible too.

Congrats and good for you man! I managed to escape the Bay Area 5 years ago. Do not regret that at all. Now I have cows for neighbors (and only then in the winter), room for my horses at home, and a 40x50 shop building. My work has me back down there just often enough to remember why I left. Traffic and over crowding is horrible. Yet everyone who lives there seems to think it's "normal". I don't get it.

Congrats and good for you man! I managed to escape the Bay Area 5 years ago. Do not regret that at all. Now I have cows for neighbors (and only then in the winter), room for my horses at home, and a 40x50 shop building. My work has me back down there just often enough to remember why I left. Traffic and over crowding is horrible. Yet everyone who lives there seems to think it's "normal". I don't get it.

Good for you!

In a perfect world I would rather move to the Sierras north of Truckee in the Portola / Graeagle area which is my my favorite place in the world. Unfortunately it is still in California. Oregon has its quirks but I'm hopeful the area we will be in will retain it's sanity.

Woo Hoo!! We closed escrow yesterday. It's now a reality. We will be heading up over Labor day weekend to spend a few days at the property and meet with a property management company to get the rental process started.

Back