The Harbor-Freight "Pass/Fail" Thread on www.GarageJournal.com

HMF

Site Founder
Administrator
I found this extremely helpful thread on The Garage Journal site:

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27192

Some Harbor Freight products are pretty good, while others are not too good. What the thread does is rate the Harbor Freight products as to "Pass" or "Fail" in terms of whether they are good right out of the box (so to speak) or need fixing in order to work.

You can use the search function to search the thread for what you are looking for.

Enjoy,

Nelson

I do love me some garage journal....

Subscribe to the Harbor Freight coupon thread to to see all the latest deals.

That was interesting. Who'd expect their drill bits to be good? I'm wondering if the rating guys used any of them except the common fraction ones,like 1/4",1/8",etc.. I have heard a few times that the in between Chinese drills may not be hardened,as they thing the average American just uses those sizes.

I have been using a set of the HF cobolt split points for about 5 yrs. Execellent drill bits. This is the larger set that goes on sale for about $100. I also have a set of the better metric taps and dies. They work fine--not the best but no complaints other than the wrenches.

I have found that if u buy to "top of the line" HF tools u get a decent product.

I have one of HF's welding cart/cabinet. The one with the 4 drawers for storage. Keep my TIG machine and large tank on it. Plenty of room for all the tig accessories and a helmet. Well made and holding up just fine after more than a year. I'd recommend it. Pass!

Back