The hendey got a new belt

Michaeljp86

Active User
Registered
The old leather belt that I repaired finally let got again. A hydraulic shop not to far made this one up for $37. Its some kind of fiber material. It runs a lot quieter now too.

DSCI1281_zps165958ee.jpg

DSCI1281_zps165958ee.jpg

DSCI1281_zps165958ee.jpg

I just picked up one looks a lot like yours mine is a 14 by5. made in 1907 has the same motor dr 4 speed 2 hp 3 ph have not run it as of yet.if they are the same any thing to watch out for never seen one with adip stick on the tail stock to check the oil bath gotogojo

I really appreciate my 14X6 I did a real good clean up and fixed several issues runs like new! I am looking for a taper attachment for mine

check me out on youboob

I really appreciate my 14X6 I did a real good clean up and fixed several issues runs like new! I am looking for a taper attachment for mine

check me out on youboob
Ive used my taper attachment for making pipe threads once. Havent used it much but it does work.

seen your 14by6 it is real close to my 14by5 I think mine has a shorter bed 2 ft at the most the hendey man in caif. ran a check on the ser. # was made in 1907 for align clock works of chicgao the apron on mine is open on the back side did bot put a back to the apron till 1920. so does not run in oil but oiled thru holes in the front casting. you don.t happen to have any paper for in fo on your apron do you? I see you live in the s west part of the state I am in a small town rapid river on hy 2 that care

since hendey casting and the continual upgrading that the company did there is only one way to see what you have ...and thats by good pictures :)

Back