The Hobby-machinist Die Filer

Bill;

They were done for me by someone else. I was going to have Bill50 do them but this other person had already started them. They were done from my hand drawn prints importing them to a CAD program. These make my originals look amateur.

"Billy G"

This is the 3d and hopefully the last upgrade of the prints. I deleted the other two to avoid confusion.

"Billy G"

Attachments

• Die Filer 03.pdf
    237.7 KB · Views: 98
Thank you Bill for adding that large radius dimension to the Trunnion drawing. After I said that I could read your prints I was having a hard time figuring what that should be, and figured that it wasn't critical as long as both pieces are the same. That or I'm not as competent at reading these as I thought. :)

That dimension also points me to the centerpoint for the .5" wide arcs as well. It has been a long time since HS drafting class...

Bill, is drawing number 8, the one marked hand crank parts actually the crankshaft? And if so, what is the stroke?

Yes, that crankpin passes thru the yoke. The circular motion is changed to linear motion at that point. The stroke is 2 inches.

"Billy G"

On with the show. Today we do the L&R Trunnion Rails. They are mirror images so both will be cut erom the same 6" diameter by 1" thick piece of 6061. AHA, there is something missing on this print. There should be a slot that the locking stud goes thru. We will get that fixed today.

"Billy G"

102_0907 (800 x 531).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
4.00 inches done need to get to 5.00. It is just shy of the .562 depth. A skim cut will be taken to insure flatness. The cutting diagram is also shown so the new people can see how to cut mirror images. The darkened area is waste. 102_0909 (800 x 531).jpg 102_0908 (800 x 531).jpg

"Billy G"

I can finally breathe easy. The two radii are a perfect match. One cut is finished. Now the 45degree cuts and the locking slots and these are done. Whew !!!! It gets tricky now, if I forget to cut right and left, UH-OH.

"Billy G" 102_0911 (800 x 531).jpg

Beautiful work. I think I need an assembly diagram to understand those prints. Call me slow!
R

Back