The Hobby-machinist Die Filer

I have been keeping track of the cost Steve. What you see there is $116.86. Not bad so far. I set the budget at $350.00, I won't hit that.

"Billy G"

That's not bad at all.
most of my project designs have to change as materials become available.
to buy online makes them too costly.
I have been collecting pieces to make a cast iron table saw that turns a 14" cold saw blade at 58 rpm
I have a worm drive, motor and an old cast iron table saw so far.
Steve

Reactions: rwm
For the fun of it I just checked out Ebay for the table material. They must think this stuff is gold. 24 x 24 x .500 is $130.00 S&H included. I paid a case of beer for mine.

"Billy G"

In the early days there were deals to be had on eBay. Now everyone thinks they are going to get rich...

Your project looks good so far, Bill! I may not get in here to have a look every day anymore, but I get here for a good look when I can!

Looking great. I wonder if you could find an old band saw table cheap and adapt it?
R

Necessity is the Mother of Invention. Would be even better if the Trunnions came with it.

OK -- back to work. This is the Table "0" block. Needs holes and it to is a done deal. Then we wait for bearing stock. Should not be a long wait.

"Billy G" 102_0930 (800 x 531).jpg

It was a walk in the park, it's a done deal. Now we can "0" the Table.

"Billy G"102_0931 (800 x 531).jpg

With that 1.500 inch Spindle hole all that is left to do on the back plate are the three 8-32 spindle mount holes. It's been a long trying day. At this point a mistake is not an option. Not bad for 11 days work. I started on the forth.

"Billy G" 102_0932 (800 x 531).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back