The Hobby-machinist Die Filer

I have some small things to tie together on it before power can be added Mark. By the end of next week it will be a running machine. I expect no surprises though. Too many things are keeping me away from spending enough time to complete the task.

"Billy G"

coming along real nice bill. How is your wife doing? Good I hope.
Mark

Sophie is doing well, thank you Mark. She is getting stronger everyday. She will be home soon where she belongs.

"Billy G"

I am sure it will be a great relief when she finally comes home.

102_0982 (900 x 598).jpg With Bob passing my head is listing a little. I went to the shop to seek refuge. These are the knobs that lock the table tilt.

"Billy G"

Dang it, been missing the updates, I dislike very much having to visit each email update in order to get additional updates.
If you miss or over look one you get no more.

Looking great, table top is really impressive.

Hi Bill,
You stalled for various reasons on your die filer?

Been hoping to see you working it.

Ken

That's a tall question to answer Mark. In the beginning it is to my understanding that Engine Turning was the Craftsmens signature. It served to tell who did the work, especially in watchmaking. Now it is a little known art used for decoration. At one time the swirls were thought to help in lubrication. This is a myth because when done correctly the surface is only6 burnished. Today it is cheated with abrasives. This began when they started using lapping compound to speed the process. Look up "Rose Engines, you will be pleasantly surprised.

"Billy G"

When I was building specialized glass tube forming machinery we used a 3/4 dia dowel with a 1 inch square "pad" of scotchbrite red hot melt glued on the end. My machinist programed a grid pattern in our prototrack cnc mill & let her do all of the work. Cheating at its best! Looks good after black anodizing.

Back