The Little Jet Lathe That Just Might Could

Take any packing you can get. We sent out a set of rolls for a small rolling mill, in a well constructed heavy box. The box was used to ship a similar set from across the country to us. UPS crushed the box shipping it 100 miles. It arrived totally split open and the rolls missing. How can one not see two 40 pound 18" by 6" steel rolls flying around either at the depot or in the trunk?

Mike,

That looks great. I am getting the garage ready.

Thank you.

nez

The work is about to begin.

The lathe came in today, the crate survived the trip halfway across the US. Thanks to Mike for the superbly constructed crate.

Here are some pictures.

20160725_131754.jpg 20160725_132916.jpg 20160725_132933.jpg 20160725_132941.jpg

i'm happy the lil jet made it there in one piece!
i hope it's not too difficult to remove the lathe from it's crate

That looks pretty good, even has the pan, Now you can adjust where on the stand to mount it. and have a bigger tray on it as well.

I am afraid the project will be delayed. I am in a severe Asthma attack that even little physical effort triggers wheezing and coughing. My nebulizer is getting a workout as well as my emergency lifeline inhaler. It sucks, but it is what it is, just soldier on.

Sorry to hear about your Asthma, hope it gets better soon, It did seem like it was bothering you a bit on Sunday.
My work put on hold as well, Wife is in hospital, she may get out in a day or two more, Then I might get to work on things again.

Again take care,

Back