The madness needs to stop...how about a GROUP PROJECT?

@ErichKeane I'm in is you go forward with this....

I found the plans! I'd liked this one at the time because it didn't seem particularly difficult (other than needing a good .875 reamer), and is pretty 'short' (which was useful at the time when I had a short Logan). It uses a grease-fitting instead of bearings which is an interesting choice, but keeps it 'small'. Additionally, it still uses a standard 1/2" broach

It looks like it has 4 pieces (5 if you count the broach itself!), though one is a washer. Purchased parts-list is pretty minimal as well, it looks like a grease fitting, a set screw, and a snap ring!.

Looking at the lower-left piece, I don't particularly get the point of the 10-32 threaded holes though... Unless there is something I'm missing there, it seems like they don't have much purpose.

I'd probably want to finish up my dividing head work, but we could start on the planning at least if we had ~4 people interested. I have a surface grinder, so I could make a broach or two for everyone (if we could decide on a size we were all interested in :)). I see those rotary broaches are absurdly expensive...

Attachments

• BroachRotary - Sheet1_8.pdf
    58.8 KB · Views: 9
Id like to see the plans for it.

Back