The madness needs to stop...how about a GROUP PROJECT?

Guys (and gals, as the case may be), we're running a strong chance of talking this thing to death at this point.

I'm going to start a separate thread to get the dividing head group build discussion started. I'd like to thank GunsOfNavarone for getting this started, and hope many of you will join me in the new ProjectOfTheDay thread.

@Shotgun is right about talking this thing to death. My interest is in coordinating the work of several people to make precision inter-changeable parts. We have listed our machines over and over and a willingness to make parts.
@Shotgun has started a long term project that he may need help with, dimensions and tolerances will probably be the subject of conversation. There have been several smaller projects listed which suggests two groups; 1) longterm projects [indexers etc.] and 2) short term projects, [clamps disk sanders, die grinders etc.] A poll was suggested as acting coordinator I am asking for an email from the person that suggested the poll.
In the mean time I would like an email from people interested in the following subjects:
Drafting/CAD
Dimensions and/or tolerances (GD&T),
Metals knowledge/heat treating,
Machines and Skills
Gear Cutting
Type of project 1) Longterm 2)Shortterm3)Both

The time deadline is March 28. for sending emails, listing more than one topic on an email is desirable. The address is raypatt33@fone.net
Have a good day
Ray

Here’s he looks link

I'm going dividing head (and really have since the get go) Is complicated, precision, many parts and expensive if you were to buy one. This in theory could be of very high quality...would feel good to complete.

I'm going dividing head (and really have since the get go) Is complicated, precision, many parts and expensive if you were to buy one. This in theory could be of very high quality...would feel good to complete.
I saw in the thread that they were thinking of only needing 5 people and seemed to have enough by the time I paid attention.

Id hoped it was more complicated than that :)

@GunsOfNavarone Nobody has put their name next to anything at this point other than myself, and I'm willing to get pushed out. I was counting on ten people initially, but when I got to looking at the parts, it seemed 5 might be more appropriate. I could be wrong. 10 people would make it so that each person is making a single part. Worst case is that we could have two groups of 5 competing to see who makes the best units.

Jump on the thread and start throwing your opinion around. . . even if its wrong. That's what I do. :)

I am in a tight spot for this, I am still out of work due to covid so have no spare cash for material or shipping, But that also means I have time and desire to be involved. I can certainly help with design, tolerance and drawing, that is what I have been doing for the last 40+ years. I have both Inventor and Solidworks here at home. I would also love to partake in making parts as long as it can be made from stock I have on hand. This is why I am leaning toward the lower cost projects.

Back