The madness needs to stop...how about a GROUP PROJECT?

I am in a tight spot for this, I am still out of work due to covid so have no spare cash for material or shipping, But that also means I have time and desire to be involved. I can certainly help with design, tolerance and drawing, that is what I have been doing for the last 40+ years. I have both Inventor and Solidworks here at home. I would also love to partake in making parts as long as it can be made from stock I have on hand. This is why I am leaning toward the lower cost projects.
Join the thread. I can turn the drawing over to you.

Oddly, I have been both shopping for one and looking at YT videos of making one. Decent ones are EXPENSIVE, so that points to making one. Do you know if any plans out there to make one?

Oddly, I have been both shopping for one and looking at YT videos of making one. Decent ones are EXPENSIVE, so that points to making one. Do you know if any plans out there to make one?
Yeah, I found a really nice set of plans at one point that I was meaning to do one of these days but never came across a reason I needed one.

I'll have to look next time I get a chance! Nice part is that it was pretty simple, only like 3-4 non purchased parts (plus the broaches).

I have sets of plans for at least 2 different versions somewhere. One is so simple it is not worth being a group project, it is 2 simple parts to make plus the actual cutters, one separate cutter for each size and shape of hole. This is true of all versions.

Maybe for a winter project. Best to start a new thread for that so this one does not get confused.

Last edited:
I think I have a set of plans somewhere too.
Maybe for a winter project. Best to start a new thread for that so this one does not get confused.
Of course! But I figured I'd post in the "organize a group project" thread to see what the interest is like.

Back