The Most Expensive 6" Atlas Ever...

Yikes, I guess he sold it, the listing is gone
Listing is there for me!?

To be fair, it does says "$2,000 OBO". We all know that Craiglist responders aren't shy about giving offers of one half the asking price...or less. Maybe his strategy is to sell to one of them?

Honestly, I'll bet this is an estate sale. One of the pictures shows a bunch of smalls included in the sale. Some of it is stuff that really doesn't relate to the lathe, like a sharpening stone. Probably somebody got tasked with selling the old boy's stuff and doesn't know a great deal about it. Better to start asking a high price than to give away something that might be more valuable than you realize.

Craig
PS If I applied a reasonable hourly rate to the work I did on my 618, $2,000 would not even come close!! Good thing I enjoy the process.

PPS Ya gotta admit that he gave it a really spiffy paint job. Maybe he has also got it tuned up to Hardinge levels. Stranger things have happened.

Might have sold it, might be worth what he's asking to the right buyer.

I used to have folks come into my shop with used/broken equipment and ask me what it was worth. The answer was easy for most of it, ~$155/net ton. That was back when scrap was expensive and I had a place to keep it until I had a load ready.

There are some folks who like the idea of machines more than they like using them, something like this would be perfect to put into the basement and show off to your friends.

John

Back