The New 1340GT from PM

Thanks Tim, you too. Let us know how the setup goes.

Mike.
Mike, Danny, Pat,
We (my wife and I) lifted the lathe onto its base cabinet last night. We used a 2 ton shop crane with a 3 point lift setup. We installed a come along on the headstock strap to tighten/shorten it so as to control the tendency of the lathe to want to roll to the motor corner. Mike, Danny, thanks for the advice re. the lift. All went well. Also, Pat hooked me up with the correct size nylon spacers (got them yesterday) for installing the leveling mounts (couldn't find them locally). Thanks, Pat (reimbursement is on its way). I plan to have this thing wired, cleaned and running by Tuesday.
Thanks again, guys.
Tim

Glad to hear everything went well Tim. I the first half of the day today customizing mine by adding a toolholder rack and fabricating some chuck "T" handle holders and then the remainder of the day making chips. I will post up some pictures on my thread when I download the camera but I took a boatload of them.

I can honestly say I am impressed as hell with this machine though. I had a lot of minor adjustments to make such as squaring the headstock on the bed and dialing in the tailstock setover but I took my time and enjoyed myself. I also cleaned the chucks and got them to where I can remove and reinstall them to less than .001" reapeatability.

I also installed my Gator 6-jaw and got it dialed in to about .0006" runout.

Mike.

Back