The New Kurt Dx6

MonkMan

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
arrived yesterday. Like the hand hole, wrench could be better. Now I just need something to put under it.IMG_1402.JPG IMG_1395.JPG IMG_1397.JPG IMG_1400.JPG IMG_1401.JPGSorry for the rotated photos. I could not figure out how to turn them.

Congrats, nice vise! Looks like the same wrench that came with my D-88, its great for really socking it down but not great for speed. Get one of the Gibraltar speed handles http://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/73548752
Makes a huge difference.

Thank You and Thanks for the link....I just ordered one.

That's different, dose it do anything different than a D688 , fixed jaw bolted from top,
holes in slide ways ?.

[QUOTE="...fixed jaw bolted from top..."[/QUOTE]
Yes, four-bolt stationary jaw.

[QUOTE="...holes in slide ways ?[/QUOTE]
DX6 can be mounted directly through the body to the table.

This one appears to be the replacement for the D688. Higher precision, larger opening (9.08")
Matches the D688's 2.875" bed height and is a little lighter. Has side ports for chip flow. I think they
are for thru bolts, waiting for the manual to come.

www.kurtworkholding.com/manual-vise-opening-p-3554.html

Better vise speed handle, saw it first on Tom Lipton's you tube site. I got 3 chrome balls off ebay for under $20 and used an extra wrench. I tig welded it using SS rod use for looks. You can spin it using your index finger and put heavy clamp pressure on with the ball end in your palm. The length clears the Y axis crank handle so no interference.

vise speed handle.JPG

That thing looks horrible ! Before you suffer the embarrassment of someone seeing that thing sitting on your mill, you should just box it up in a plain brown unmarked carton and ship it to me. I'll dispose of it for you and won't tell your friends that you ever owned such a despicable piece of equipment.
I always like to help out whenever I can.
Ted

Thanks for the offer Ted, but I'll just keep the blinds shut and the door locked, and save the postage.....

Back