The New South Bend 10K

Thx

Both drive belts on my lathe are pretty chewed up. Bought it in an auction of High School shop equipment being surplussed. I'm guessing the lathe was 2012 vintage. Generally in pretty good shape.

Why did you modify your drive pulleys?

Thx
See post 136 in this thread.

Banflex 3-5MS-730 (730mm is the length ) I used this information to make a new pulley.
Drive belts rarely break but it would be nice to have a spare.

It is this one:

EDIT: Actually there are two belts and I am not sure they are the same length. You should check that. Please let me know what you determine.
Thx.

Tried to order from your linked supplier. The order process blew up. Good deal though. $35

I'll call them in the a.m.

Bust be a pretty obscure part. Google seems to come up empty on searches.

I think it's a metric pattern that is more common in Asia and Europe. Googles paid advertising doesn't help since it sees the word "belt" and throws a bunch of standard American suppliers at you that have no chance of carrying this! Sill, Google gets credit for driving a hit to their website.

EDIT: I checked my records and I bought my belt here:
They don't seem to have the Bandflex, however, they list the Gates equivalent as 3/5M730. They want $86!

The pics of the Gates look right so I think it will fit if you can't get the Bando brand

Last edited:
Banflex 3-5MS-730 (730mm is the length ) I used this information to make a new pulley.
Drive belts rarely break but it would be nice to have a spare.

It is this one:

EDIT: Actually there are two belts and I am not sure they are the same length. You should check that. Please let me know what you determine.
The Griz SB parts list cites the same part # for both. 5MS-730a.

As I understand the numbering system, the 5MS represents the width of the micro V belt. The 730 is the bt length in mm. Not sure what the "a" means.

Thx

Pat

Reactions: rwm
Where are you with this? Any solution?

Back