The OCD Garage G0704 Conversion Thread.

OCD Solutions

Registered
Registered
I joined a few weeks ago and keep meaning to take the time to type out a lengthy introduction and details on my builds but I find I am lacking the time for either these days.

I converted my first machine around 7 years ago and keep doing upgrades and improvements so it's ever evolving and as I upgrade one machine, parts kick downstream to upgrade another. Somedays I wish I had never started down this path, other days I wish I had spent more and done it better the first time.

I am currently shopping for a new set of double nut ballscrews and am likely going to buy the kit from Heavy Metal this time.

My current system is sounding pretty rough and my rear mount Y axis Stepper just doesn't work in this new enclosure and so the new kit will get me much higher tolerances and let me shift the whole machine back another 6" and get me the proper clearance from my doors to clear my 4" vise.

Attachments

• IMG_4061.JPG
    IMG_4061.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0444.JPG
    IMG_0444.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_7490.JPG
    IMG_7490.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_4877.JPG
    IMG_4877.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_3787.JPG
    IMG_3787.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 67
Welcome to the forum. GREAT Shop!

Thank you, it's a tight space but I make it work.

I spent years refining my benches and configurations in wood and only recently started recreating them in aluminum.

Attachments

• IMG_E3807.JPG
    IMG_E3807.JPG
    742.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_E3722.JPG
    IMG_E3722.JPG
    695.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6928.JPG
    IMG_6928.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6831.JPG
    IMG_6831.JPG
    224.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_9897.JPG
    IMG_9897.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0441.JPG
    IMG_0441.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 50
Wow! Jealous of your shop! I also have a converted G0704; love your enclosure.

Welcome to HM, we are glad to have you here!

Welcome to the forum.
Fantastic space you have!

Thanks guys, I have tried many other forums on this subject over the years and it was @ChrisAttebery build thread that pulled me in here when I was researching how to add doors to my new enclosure.
This is a pretty casual place to chat about your projects. Nobody really ever gets worked up on here.

There's a moderately large group of CNC guys here as well, although I'd have to guess a majority are more into traditional manual machines. Lot to be learned in that regard as well.

What are you using for the control?

Welcome aboard OCD. Glad to have you here and others have said, really nice shop.

Back