The Pm-1440gt Has Landed

Yes, it is an Aloris BXA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Ok...I'll ask. How did you do the spiral on the handles? Looks great!
R

I did the spirals on my CNC mill using the 4th axis.

Spiral01.png
Spiral02.png

Jay, did you buy the DRO from PM or can you link me to the model you used?

I'll have to re-read the manual, didn't see the break-in procedure listed? 20 min run on low/high unloaded do the trick?

Thanks

I have the EL400 magnetic scale kit from DRO Pros. 10" x 40" X=1um, Z=5um scales. http://www.dropros.com/Electronica_...#Electronica_Magnetic_Scale_2_Axis_Lathe_Kits:

The 8" x 40" will work since the cross slide only has 6-1/2" of travel. I was originally lead to believe it had 7-1/2". I recently did a job that required getting the center of the compound to the center of the spindle. I was able to do this by removing the stop at the end of the cross slide lead screw which gave me a little overt 7" of travel so I am glad I went with the 10" X scale.

There is no spindle break-in procedure in the manual. I'm not sure it is even necessary but for good measure I ran mine in L1, M1 & H1 for 10 min each to warm it up and distribute the gear oil.

If I am doing high precision work I will warm up the machine on H3 for 10-15 min.

That's a nice looking piece you made that fits over the quill. Do you have a pic from the front? I need to do the same for my machine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a nice looking piece you made that fits over the quill. Do you have a pic from the front? I need to do the same for my machine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks bss1. As requested.

QM05.png

Reactions: Z2V
Really nice modifications. I am thinking about the DRO Pros product for my SB 10K. The scales will barely fit and then they will cover the gib screws for the top slide. I can make it work with spacers. Are you happy with the product and was it reasonably easy to set up? I see I will need drill extension to drill holes in the cross slide and saddle? Also hard to tap those. I am torn between that and just doing something with a digital caliper like you did with the tailstock.
Coincidentally, I installed the same tach as you. I love it.
Robert

Last edited:
Back