The PM932 has arrived!

Try indicating and pushing thetop away from you. That would seem to be more the direction of any working loads. also side to side. I always questioned the pulling the head forward test what part of the running of a mill is going to put 50 ftlbs of forward/ downward pull on the mill.I'm not a enginer, so if someone sees were my thinking is wrong please chime in and help me understand.So with that said I love it and wish I had one. Maybe some day.Mark

I've been in/out and doing a few things and didn't get a chance to test this on my PM-45. But the more I think about it, I'm inclined to stick with my original thoughts and suggest you take some cuts and find-out if the machine is performing properly. I cut metal on that thing 2-5 times a week and I can't recall the last time any particular cut was more than a thou off from what I expected it to be. As a matter of fact, once you have your technique down and use a proper vise, it's almost hard to be off more than a thou...

Some time ago, we had a thread where someone felt the machine was inadequate because it flexed when they propped a wooden leverage bar between the head and table and they measured some deflection.... That's clearly an unrealistic test and false expectation of outcome. The proof is in the pudding... How well does it cut...

I think Senna nailed it... A machine twice it's size will be more resistant to leverage bars and the like -but they can also cut bigger/thicker pieces of metal.

Ray

Back