The Power of Smallᵀᴹ

Do you remember the time when most of the things were made here, they were durable, repairable and they would last for a very long time?
Do you remember the time when shop and other hands-on trades training were part of the school curriculum?
And you also probably remember when all this deteriorated, was bought and moved oversees and centralized by mega corporations... And this is great for few industries, but for a lot of small shop and inventors, makers and hobbyists, there is a real need in local distributed manufacturing. We are looking for your help to spread the word about our new initiative which we call "The Power of Small".

Molding announcement-72.jpg

What is The Power of Smallᵀᴹ ?

• Small businesses doing big projects with low amounts of capital;

• Office-desk sized machines making large parts - 100lbs and more;

• On-shore, distributed manufacturing on a national or international scale;

• Converting 100% waste plastics directly into viable finished goods - affordably and locally;

• A sustainable and economical plastic molding and extrusion technology;

This isn't our fantasy. This is our reality.

Plastics have a reputation of being very harmful to the environment. While this may be true of plastics incorrectly disposed of, a lot of plastic can, and should, be recycled. The ability to convert previously used plastics into new products on a local scale isn't commercially viability. Yet.

We are actively working on a video series to explain how our new Omachron Plastics Inc. Molding and Extrusion Technology enables sustainable use of plastics.
You can check out our introductory clip here.

On our YouTube channel, you will also find another video series. Its purpose is to assist people with fabricating and machining plastics.

Our goal is to enable like-minded people to create a community dedicated to manufacturing high-quality plastic products cost-effectively, locally, and sustainably.

We are the most environmentally friendly company in this industry. Bold statement? Sure (literally and figuratively) - but why not subscribe to our channel and decide for yourself.

We encourage you to share your thoughts and recommendations with us. We're all in this together, and this is just the start!

IMG_0875.JPG

Last edited:
This equipment can mold parts that are larger than itself.

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that it can pump enough molten plastic to make parts larger than itself?
I'm assuming that if you add all the components required to make a part bigger than that equipment it's total volume and footprint will extend quite significantly?

I don't think plastics has a place on a machinist forum.

[moderator's note: This vendor has done a lot to support our site and encourage hobby machining. They belong here.]

When I was working in the machine shop of the company that employed me we turned a LOT of plastic. Big plastic bearings. I'm talking 9" OD x 8" ID x 18' long.

When I was working in the machine shop of the company that employed me we turned a LOT of plastic. Big plastic bearings. I'm talking 9" OD x 8" ID x 18' long.
Our largest current diameter is 8" x 24 long solid injection molded plastic. However, we can make larger parts without difficulty. Just so far didn't have any demand for larger diameter solid rods.

Yes I was machining plastic parts for textile plants in the mid 70’s. In fact here locally there is a shop that machines plastic exclusively. I have a lot of Delrin UMHW in my material pile. Most is old fixtures that came from Eaton that I picked up before retirement.

I just got sent a Quill wheel to take the place of an handle on my Lagun by Jim Enos. The hub that the wheel is mounted to is UMHW. I had to machine a spacer to move the wheel out away form the quill feed clutch engagement lever. I machined it up out of Delrin that I repurposed.

I posted a video to my channel. I machined a lot of things out of rectangular stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back