The Power of Smallᵀᴹ

Do you remember the time when most of the things were made here, they were durable, repairable and they would last for a very long time?
Do you remember the time when shop and other hands-on trades training were part of the school curriculum?
And you also probably remember when all this deteriorated, was bought and moved oversees and centralized by mega corporations... And this is great for few industries, but for a lot of small shop and inventors, makers and hobbyists, there is a real need in local distributed manufacturing. We are looking for your help to spread the word about our new initiative which we call "The Power of Small".

Molding announcement-72.jpg

What is The Power of Smallᵀᴹ ?

• Small businesses doing big projects with low amounts of capital;

• Office-desk sized machines making large parts - 100lbs and more;

• On-shore, distributed manufacturing on a national or international scale;

• Converting 100% waste plastics directly into viable finished goods - affordably and locally;

• A sustainable and economical plastic molding and extrusion technology;

This isn't our fantasy. This is our reality.

Plastics have a reputation of being very harmful to the environment. While this may be true of plastics incorrectly disposed of, a lot of plastic can, and should, be recycled. The ability to convert previously used plastics into new products on a local scale isn't commercially viability. Yet.

We are actively working on a video series to explain how our new Omachron Plastics Inc. Molding and Extrusion Technology enables sustainable use of plastics.
You can check out our introductory clip here.

On our YouTube channel, you will also find another video series. Its purpose is to assist people with fabricating and machining plastics.

Our goal is to enable like-minded people to create a community dedicated to manufacturing high-quality plastic products cost-effectively, locally, and sustainably.

We are the most environmentally friendly company in this industry. Bold statement? Sure (literally and figuratively) - but why not subscribe to our channel and decide for yourself.

We encourage you to share your thoughts and recommendations with us. We're all in this together, and this is just the start!

IMG_0875.JPG

Last edited:
I thought I’d add I have a lot of rectangular plastic stock. In fact I need more round stock and to purchase it is expensive. So I do like woodworkers take square pieces of stock and turn them round for stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was working in the machine shop of the company that employed me we turned a LOT of plastic. Big plastic bearings. I'm talking 9" OD x 8" ID x 18' long.
If the shop that you worked for still exists, they should try our products, all of our blocks and rods are low stress, machine grade.

If the shop that you worked for still exists, they should try our products, all of our blocks and rods are low stress, machine grade.

The material we made bearings out of for the marine industry was made by Thordon. I was under the impression it was a specialty plastic developed just for marine purposes.

Opportunity is Knocking

Machining is machining, in aluminum, steel, plastics or wood. It is still machining.

I often prototype something in wood or plastic to get the kinks out before doing it in metal for the final. It is a great way to save time and money, and easy to fix problems.
I recall when I spent two 8-hour turns making some shifting forks, and when I got to the final operations I realised that I had made them in a mirror image of the actually required part.

I headed for the bandsaw and cut one out of a scrap 2x4 and put it near the Cincinnati's vise so I could make the next two forks correctly.

Prototyping out of plastics or wood is hard to beat.

Whenever a left, right, or mirror image part is required remember... Bob's Law.
If there is a 50-50% chance of it being correct it will be wrong 75% of the time...........Bob

While we are on the subject of, "made here".
I've been working for Ford dealerships since 1976.
The dealership I started at had parts manuals back to the 20's. For decades you could repair parts and components. Remember the old cam driven diaphram fuel pumps?
Heck, you could buy the diaphram, gasket, spring etc. Starters, generators could all be rebuilt. We would grind valves and replace bearings, hone cylinders, brake cylinders would be rebuilt. Unheard of today. It wasn't until 80's that we migrated into assemblies.
Now days, we don't rebuild a transmission, it would be cost prohibitive. We sell a factory remanufactured unit that carries a 3 year unlimited parts and labor warranty. If we rebuilt it, you would get 90 day labor and 24 months on defective parts.
The business has changed!

The dealership I started at had parts manuals back to the 20's. For decades you could repair parts and components. Remember the old cam driven diaphram fuel pumps?
Heck, you could buy the diaphram, gasket, spring etc. Starters, generators could all be rebuilt. We would grind valves and replace bearings, hone cylinders, brake cylinders would be rebuilt. Unheard of today. It wasn't until 80's that we migrated into assemblies.
Now days, we don't rebuild a transmission, it would be cost prohibitive. We sell a factory remanufactured unit that carries a 3 year unlimited parts and labor warranty. If we rebuilt it, you would get 90 day labor and 24 months on defective parts.
I hear that about change! But like engine and trans rebuilding you mention " cost prohibitive ". I've seen firsthand the rebuilders are cutting corners and 99% of rebuilds don't last as long as OEM, but just long enough to get by the warranty. And I for one miss being able to rebuild my cars but cannot think of a single plastic thing that could rebuilt.

I remember when one of the local Ford dealers lied to me about how "Ford doesn't sell the fan motor separate from the fan assembly, which is $ 650."

Two hours later, with only $ 71.00 duked to the auto parts store, the replacement fan motor was operational in my 1991 Taurus.

Back