The Russians are coming

So what do the dead guys have to do with machining

All fixed sir.

"Bill Gruby" Global Moderator

It looks like a heavy duty /precise level,you look through the eyepiece to see if the upper zero is exactly on the the same mark as the lower.

Is this a level?
I'm looking forward to learning more about how this works.

Daryl
MN

Russian made things tend to be built like a tank, really heavy and fairly simple, my lathe is russian made and is a beast, 13,5 hp motor sounds like an jet engine when running i'm very satisfied with the quality and precision, they do know how to make an heavy duty machine.
DSC_0016.jpgDSC_0028.jpgDSC_0014.jpg

Is this a level?
I'm looking forward to learning more about how this works.

Daryl
MN
Precision optical clinometers have a 360 degree operating range reading to either 30 seconds or to 1 second. They are used for accurate measurement or setting of angles, calibration, alignment, machine setting, boresighting, fire control alignment, and inspection.

That's right Ck there tank engines from ww11 , just about any that will turn will start and run. Nic youtuber I watch has a mas Russian lathe it does sound like a jet engine winding up . He was building a center rest recently did a DERN good job too.

I was told the older Enterprise Lathes made in India were mostly Russian. Not sure what that means if they designed them or if they built them in India for a time.

Back