The Shop of Billy G

B

Bill Gruby

Forum Guest
Register Today
This is it folks. My modest shop. Much has come from here without the big machines. It measures 12X32. Hope you are not disappointed.

"Billy G"

102_0668 (800 x 531).jpg 102_0669 (800 x 531).jpg 102_0670 (800 x 531).jpg 102_0671 (800 x 531).jpg 102_0672 (800 x 531).jpg 102_0673 (800 x 531).jpg

Guy's,
That is a sweet looking shop set up and we all know what high quality work Bill turns out too. This is a real working shop that despite having none of the newest greatest high dollar CNC does fantastic work. To all the New Comers out there this is what we all strive for and Bill has done it perfectly.

Bob

You're shop is packed in there pretty good Bill!:))

Dissappointed?....heck, now I'm even more impressed. You obviously know how to get the most out of your tools to produce some awesome stuff. The work that you turn out of that shop is pretty darn impressive.

:thumbsup2:

Marcel

Just what I envisioned! Perfect set up. Add a hotplate, fridge and a cot and I could live there!

So glad you posted these Bill. As Bob pointed out, this will give new members proof that they don't need lots of room filled with expensive machinery to turn out great work.

Steve

ps: Whats the gizzmo on the bench to the right of the lathe? Kind of looks like a vibrator/polisher......and a height guage???? Can't quite make it out.

Hello Bill,

I love your shop... I am also quite envious of all of your drawers.... I wish that I could get my hands on some of those card drawers for my tooling.... and you have lots of shelves, so everything is close to hand and you likely can go to any drawer and find exactly what you went for.

The way that I designed my shop/ house makes it very difficult to put up shelving, etc. A friend of mine, here in New Brunswick, has a smallish shop as well, but I love the way that he has his set up... much like yours. More space doesn't neccesarily mean better.

Best regards... :)

Brian

Just what I envisioned! Perfect set up. Add a hotplate, fridge and a cot and I could live there!

So glad you posted these Bill. As Bob pointed out, this will give new members proof that they don't need lots of room filled with expensive machinery to turn out great work.

Steve

ps: Whats the gizzmo on the bench to the right of the lathe? Kind of looks like a vibrator/polisher......and a height guage???? Can't quite make it out.

Dumore Pressure Sensitive Drill Press and a HF Tumbler Steve. Under the plywood is my Granite Plate.

"Billy G"

Somehow this is how I envisioned it, totally functional and while close, everything has found it's place over time. Perfect.

I find it more impressive you do what you do, as well as you do, with small manual machines. Nice set up. I to would love all them little draws.

Looks like a real working mans shop - a place where you don't back up too fast! If I could just get my wife to give me her side of the garage, I too could have a nice area to use. :thinking: But, as it is, I have a similar space of about 12X24 at my disposal, with not nearly the amount of machines.

Thanks for posting the pics!

I find it more impressive you do what you do, as well as you do, with small manual machines. Nice set up. I to would love all them little draws.

If the machines are tight the only thing to worry about is the NUT turning the handles. It's not the machine Chuck. it's who's running it.

"Billy G"

Back