The Smell Of Cosmoline In The Morning...

spacecadet

Registered
Registered
After years of looking passively trying to decide between old iron or new. And a few months of looking actively ready to pull the trigger on what I could find. I Just took delivery of a g0602 and g0704.

My neighbors must have been having a riot watching me single handed move them from my parking spot into my town home. If anyones wondering an appliance dolly and some ramps for steps is all you need to move the boxes yourself.

I wont have my garage space ready for 2 months so its going to be a matter of fighting off the urge to fire them up in my living room until then :)

Just pretty excited and wanted to share hopefully with like minded folks.

in my already over burdened living room:
DSC01207_DxO_zpschs6cywl.jpg

DSC01208_DxO_zpsiqsen1fa.jpg

Last edited:
Hay, that looks like a great coffee table. Make the top removable and fire it up. :p

Every home should have a machine tool for decoration, Once you move your machines into your garage space, it is mandatory to purchase another smaller machine just to sit and admire and as a focal point for lively discussions with your wife and her pals, as to how the general lines of the machine are a of a great artistic merit and lend to a further ambience with the cosmoline scent Well I guess it is worth a try!

P.S. It is not impossible to re -adapt the machine crate frontage with some weld mesh and a portion of boarding as a sleeping area for a couple of indoor pet bunnies ?
Ho Hum- I feel further marital disharmony on the horizon with my radical crate plan!

Last edited:
I think firing them up in the living room is perfectly acceptable. :)

one rule is that tools will grow to fill ever possible space. my 2 car garage has the same lathe a grizzly mill drill bead blaster grinder polisher tig welder sander wood lathe welding table grinder bullet casting table etc. the worst part is my wife has her junk. now I have good stuff she has junk ever notice that. I forgot my sons are also manufacturing 2 inch gold dredges in the garage plus storage for their little business. my garage is starting to bow the foundation on my house. I have taken over the family room for my reloading and firearm toys. I need more room but how do you afford it on social security. I could sell the house and buy a 1 bedroom with a huge work room. I was going to run that idea past the wife but she probably would hit me.

Back