The ultimate clockmaking machine. SIP 1-H Jig Borer.

Senna

Deceased
Rest In Peace
Hey clock guys,

I'm about to take delivery of a very clean SIP 1-H jig borer with a good amount of tooling included.
This is SIP's smallest and one of the most accurate jig borers with positional accuracy guaranteed to .00008".
These machines were widely used in the Swiss watch industry and elsewhere.
It was designed precisely for watchmaking and other small, precision jobs.

You can read about this remarkable machine on the great Lathes.uk site.

http://www.lathes.co.uk/sip/page4.html

I'm not sure how I'm going to utilize this SIP once I get it up and running but it is fascinating.
I may sell it too. Those serious about their clockmaking and those who wish to take it to a new level may be interested.

Anyway. it's a very cool machine.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the actual SIP I'm getting. Sorry for the sideways pic.
163615-165840-4b8b84_m.jpg

163615-16583f-5871a3_m.jpg

Hey clock guys,

I'm about to take delivery of a very clean SIP 1-H jig borer with a good amount of tooling included.
This is SIP's smallest and one of the most accurate jig borers with positional accuracy guaranteed to .00008".

Very nice, wish it was mine...!:))

NICE FIND! I have a small Aciera that does a nice job of micro machining and tight tolerances. But as I get older (much) I find that I can do just as good using more finesse and 50 years of micro machining experience on my Bridgeport mill. Also use one of my Levin lathes with its index & milling attachment. I like it, when I need to “feel the cutting action”. I’ll probably get slammed for saying all this, but for me it’s true…Good Luck, Dave.

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful !!! Some folks just always seem to be in the right place at the right time - you're a lucky guy and based on that list of your machinery at the bottom of your post, you've been a lucky guy for a LONG time !

Back