The unrelenting rain..............

cathead

CATWERKS LTD
Registered
The unending rain forced me to do a few tasks that I would have ordinarily let slide. One thing I did was to do a bunch of cleaning
and it was quite noticeable that it needed to be done. I went through a roll of Bounty collecting all the black accumulation of
dirt and grime that showed up from over the winter. I have to think that a lot of it is from the gas welding torch and the stick welding I
did in the shop plus engines running inside etc...

After that, I looked into some boxes of "stuff" from my machinist friend which was a lot of various kinds of steel and also a bunch
of Allen head bolts of several sizes. Most of them were 1/2 by 13 which is what I tapped my welding table for so of course I had
to do some cleanup work on them. Also, there were several other sizes that I had no particular interest in at the moment so am
saving for some future endeavor.

Also while in cleaning mode, I cleaned my welding helmet, motorcycle helmet, and digital readout on the milling machine. It's
amazing how a white piece of paper towel becomes black in an instant.
That reminds me that I have several other boxes of metal and Allen head bolts just waiting for me to clean up in a nearby shed.
P1030103.JPGHere are a few of the bolts all cleaned up and ready to use for something. The other box is about 50 pounds of mostly Allen bolts and ejector pins of various sizes made of H-13 steel. All had an accumulation of black heavy oil or something so gave them a good treatment with a wire wheel. Some needed so be run through a die and end ground so they would thread easily into my welding table. I'm thinking there are at least
50 more of those in the shed so I will have plenty to keep me busy until the rains subside. Also there is a lot of other stuff in that shed that
could be looked after so no shortage of things to do here...........;)

March of the socket heads! Seems like for me I get more project ideas the messier the shop gets, which is how it is now. Need to force myself to stop and do a cleaning as much as I don't want to. Then of course I won't know where anything is for a while :faint:
-M

I will take all the rain you can send down my way. Looks like another dry summer is in the cards here in the mountains. You can never have to much hardware. Cheers, Mike

The unending rain forced me to do a few tasks that I would have ordinarily let slide.

We are ten days into April and have not had a single "April shower", that doesn't bode well for the May flowers.
Tomorrows forecast was for rain....but now only 40% chance.
We need some rain.
-brino

California is having another drought
Hills are browning out already.
Remember normal?
Another very long fire season.
Rice farmers are allocated 10% of their water needs. The pumps will be running all summer.

Well, it quit raining up here................Now it is snowing.:headache:

It's not over up here until it's over. It looks like it is going to amount so something, an inch on the ground and
coming down heavier now. It's not real common but I have seen snows in June.:blue:

June and July are the only 2 months I have never seen snow falling. August was only once in my lifetime.
It is all my fault here.
Last week Wednesday we went and bought his and hers bicycles, It has rained every day since and made my yard turn into a jungle. But out of principle, I REFUSE to mow before May 1, I dont care if it gets 2 feet high and the dog gets lost in it.

Back