TheDROstore.com Anyone ever used them?

Have you considered buying from aliexpress (China). I and others on here have bought from there and have been happy and they are much cheaper.
I have had mine for a couple of years with no problems. They are slower shipping--so you can;t be in a rush for them.

Here is a link to the one I bought https://www.aliexpress.com/item/fre.../1524501216.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.kC33tq

I have the same unit on my mill as well, purchased from the same vendor. Works well, no issues with function other than the display can be difficult to see under bright lighting, I have to tilt the unit downward for the numbers to be more readable for my old eyes. FWIW I do not have the same issue on the Eason E8 on my lathe.

+1 on DROPROs. I used them for both the lathe and mill and could not be happier.
Installed and set up and then just used for the last three years without a hitch.

I have not dealt with dro store. But about 2 years ago I was following a thread don't remember what board witch board. but a couple of guys that ordered from them showed the shipping label where they where shipped from dro pros.

How do I measure for the scales?

Do I max out the travel on all three axis measuring the actual travel and order scales to those numbers?

Last edited:
Here is a link to some video's that will give you some ideas
link

Scroll down to where it says video training

+2 for DroPros. Bought one for each of our Southbend lathe and vertical mill. Very knowledgeable folks there. Helped me choose exactly what was needed. Chose the magnetic scales for both applications. Big plus is that you can cut the scales to custom length with a bandsaw or hacksaw. A little more $ but nice quality.

+2 for DroPros. Bought one for each of our Southbend lathe and vertical mill. Very knowledgeable folks there. Helped me choose exactly what was needed. Chose the magnetic scales for both applications. Big plus is that you can cut the scales to custom length with a bandsaw or hacksaw. A little more $ but nice quality.

The DRO mentioned in this thread comes with glass or optical scales for less then 250.00 Total for a 3 Axis set up, how much would the magnetic scales add to the costs?

Also the term magnetic makes me think that the scales could become contaminated from ferrous materials, ??? I realize I am an idiot so don't worry about pointing that out.

The DRO mentioned in this thread comes with glass or optical scales for less then 250.00 Total for a 3 Axis set up, how much would the magnetic scales add to the costs?

Also the term magnetic makes me think that the scales could become contaminated from ferrous materials, ??? I realize I am an idiot so don't worry about pointing that out.
When I shopped my DRO the magnetic scales were considerably more expensive However, that was a couple of years ago and prices may have dropped, since then. I went with glass scales as I could easily fit them on my mill and they came in appropriate sizes although, they can be cut if really necessary (see YouTube for instructions). When I DRO my lathe, I may opt for magnetics as the space will be an issue.
No, chips shouldn't be a problem.

I went direct (China) a little over a year ago for my mill (2axis) and have been very pleased on use. Had an issue when it arrived caused from shipping. The service was within a day, with solution via video (due to language) and totally resolved. Just received a unit for my lathe from same people. Will post link tonight.
dd

Ordered

However there was no place to give the size of the scales needed, I sent them a memo with the order listing the actual travel on all three axis. I am not sure if I am supposed to make a deduction or addition to these specs????

Back