There's a Reason Why It's Called a Morse Taper....

Stand in line of that one as I'm always reminded when not planned for event happens of the below lines from a Robert Burns poem.

But Mouse, you are not alone,
In proving foresight may be vain:
The best-laid schemes of mice and men
Go often askew,
And leave us nothing but grief and pain,
For promised joy!

I have to say this thread is better than the "Todays Joke " Sorry it has to be at your x pence DZ. :)

I laugh, I like, but am so relieved I'm not the only one who goes through this. Especially finding the spare in the "perfect place" after I've bought a new one. Talk about insult to injury. Sorry that happened DZ but thanks for posting.

For true, X2. It seems OCD and early onset CRS are bad combination.

jack vines

So true! My lill brother says he get his OCD from me. I have no idea what he's talking about, never once did I consider myself to have OCD, CRS yes I'll admit.

And just the day before, on Time Wastin' Thursday I restored this cheap chuck from my drill press that I have absolutely no intention of even using. I blame 'rona for everything that's been going. :D

20200513_171923.jpg20200513_171943.jpg20200513_172011.jpg20200514_172218.jpg20200514_180449.jpg20200514_180514.jpg20200514_180541.jpg

Mess-up Mondays, Twist-it-off Tuesdays, Out of Whack Wednesdays, Time Wastin' Thursdays, Forgot-about-it Fridays, CRS Saturdays, Start-over Sundays...

the MT whoopsie was a shame, but the "finding a spare shank in the drawer" bit was hilarious. I agree with the others, knock the burr down below the surface with a dremel and call it good.

I stoned down the burrs on both sides this morning, seats fine again. I'll just replace it now that I've got 2 good ones anyway. I'll throw this recovered one back in the drawer & hopefully one day when I'll need it I'll remember it (doubtful :D). At least this ordeal gave me a good laugh, I really needed that.

Back