"They don't make'em like they used to."

Splat

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Seems like the past couple of weeks for me have been ....draining, money and mentally wise. I've had a few things break on me and it seems like any time I talked to friends about it they say, "They don't make'em like they used to." What an understatement! The most costly, in need and price, thing to break on me was my Hewlett Packard laptop's power supply/adapter. Geez, it's a 135W and a real one, not a cheap knockoff, is about half the cost of a new laptop! I tried using a 120W but not enough power. I still have a few ooooold laptops (386, 486) who still work fine, same with a few TV's, record players, and a few other things. They don't make'em like they used to! :( It's a shame how throw-away minded the world has become. (rant off)

Search ebay for the part# or replacement part# (both on sticker) usually I can replace them for customers for ~ 20$.

Steve

Search ebay for the part# or replacement part# (both on sticker) usually I can replace them for customers for ~ 20$.
Steve

Steve, that's the best news I've gotten in a while. :) I just PM'ed you the info. Thank you.

Back