Thinking of joining the RF-30 club, but I got some questions...

CONCLUSION
Thanks everyone for your help an input. I will start a new thread documenting my adventures with this machine.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is the general appearance of the table top. Holes and grooves can tell a lot about the machines previous life. If you haven't operated a mill with power feed and do end up with power feed you will be pleasantly surprised. No doubt you have seen them advertised at approx. $450.
Have a good day
Ray
P S The support stand on my Enco 105-1117 is wider than the mill base by approx. 3" on each side and I think that is a good feature.

Last edited:
One thing I haven't seen mentioned is the general appearance of the table top. Holes and grooves can tell a lot about the machines previous life. If you haven't operated a mill with power feed and do end up with power feed you will be pleasantly surprised. No doubt you have seen them advertised at approx. $450.
Have a good day
Ray
P S The support stand on my Enco 105-1117 is wider than the mill base by approx. 3" on each side and I think that is a good feature.

The table looks really good. I think this was used for some sort of second op. I found a bunch if really small drill bits in various places when I was cleaning it up.

Yeah, I'd eventually like to get a power feed. I've started doing research, too.

I made my support stand about 10" wider on each side.

I started a thread about setting up the machine, etc. Here: https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/my-adventures-with-my-rf-30.87976/

Back