This fall /winter project

By crikey! Looking at the framework for the FEL you will need tractor weights at the rear to balance it!

Wheel weights it has !!
They ride in the inside of the rear wheels and HEAVY !!
Still investigating on the weight of them but guessing 3 to 500 pounds each..
It also has a Hupp Hi/Lo auxiliary transmission making power/ speed options really wide..........

Massey or Nuffield guy myself but if you got that for 'A good price' then well worth a bit of TLC. I hope you post some pics as you go.
Here's couple of shots of one of two Massey 35's I'm working on off & on. This one is used as a mower and the other one is getting a new FEL bit by bit.

Attachments

• Front yard dump 001.JPG
    Front yard dump 001.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 34
  • Front yard dump 002.JPG
    Front yard dump 002.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 39
Look to be the same caliber of tractor, Ferguson used Ford 's for the base of the Ford/ Ferguson/Massey Ferguson line if
my memory is correct.
The Ferguson TO series is still popular in some areas here, they have some improvements over the Ford n series
in certain aspects, both are tuff old tractors............

That reminds me of the ones my friends had on their dairy farms in Tillamook when I was growing up. They were old back then and it would not surprise me if they are still there working. Built like brick houses or bomb shelters.

The good thing is parts are available just about anywhere in the world at reasonable prices,(except bodywork!),and there ain't no computers! About the only mods I do is fit electronic ignition to petrol ones and if the generators need a rebuild, rebuild them, vacuum pack them and put them in a box and fit a good output alternator. Big problem here with a lot of old tractor is they get used on a beach as a boat tractor. Different on South Island.

Every farm/ranch I was ever on had a Ford or a Ferguson. You never see one sitting dead. There always guys restoring them and can’t keep them in stock. One guy was broken into and they stole three of them and a bunch of parts. Tough old tractors indeed.

Massey or Nuffield guy myself but if you got that for 'A good price' then well worth a bit of TLC. I hope you post some pics as you go.
Here's couple of shots of one of two Massey 35's I'm working on off & on. This one is used as a mower and the other one is getting a new FEL bit by bit.

Is that the fuel tank perched up on top of the engine? I have a vision of someone refueling with a hot engine and
WHUMP, up she goes.

Looks like a lot is missing on the tractor. Can't find the sheet metal around the engine and radiator . Is the radiator even there.

Back