This is interesting!

rwm

Robert
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Has anybody seen or tried this? Cool idea if it works as advertized.

Robert

I saw it a couple of weeks ago. The ten minutes of dive time seems exaggerated given the size of the tank. I assume that is on;ly true if charged from a fully charged scuba tank. The hand pump will never be able to compress air to 2500 psi.

Sounds good, 30 minutes of hand pumping for 10 mins of underwater time.

I'll try refilling it from my Argon tank...
Robert

A con, lucky to get 2 mins, there are plenty of reviews about it on youtube and other areas.

The 10 minutes must be releasing and holding your breath in batches. I'm not a diver but I do understand that "compressed" air is not breathable, even through a regulator. A dive tank uses a special mix, it's not the same as "free air". The excise man (Beatles) isn't taxing air, yet. . . With all this pollution it may be in the near future. Sorry, I couldn't resist, even if it does push the limit on political comments pretty hard.

Up Down to 100 feet, tanks are filled with plain old air filled from a special compressor. Used to cost me $5 to get a tank filled.

When I was on a Surface Mine Rescue team, we got a couple of tanks that would provide 10 minutes of clean air for the person being rescued. Those tanks were a LOT bigger than that little yellow bottle. Add to that, under water, you get less time out of a tank the deeper you go (more ambient pressure). You get some of your capacity back as you head slowly for the surface.

The little bottle is usually marketed as an emergency supply to get you back to the surface if your main supply (tank or hookah) fails. Don't you just love liars?

Reactions: rwm
When I was on a Surface Mine Rescue team, we got a couple of tanks that would provide 10 minutes of clean air for the person being rescued. Those tanks were a LOT bigger than that little yellow bottle. Add to that, under water, you get less time out of a tank the deeper you go (more ambient pressure). You get some of your capacity back as you head slowly for the surface.

The little bottle is usually marketed as an emergency supply to get you back to the surface if your main supply (tank or hookah) fails. Don't you just love liars?
You are right, I have two of those tanks, the are a bit bigger then a 2 liter bottle. I was thinking the label said it was 15 min supply, but I have not looked at them in many years.

Back