This is probably old hat for you guys, but need advice on how to move my new mill

Concerning the right hoist, I moved my Takisawa 2500 pound lathe with my Harbor Freight hoist...because it has steel castoring wheels everywhere I could roll the lathe all over the concrete floor and position the lathe to fractions of an inch.

I have used a hoist with fixed wheels on the legs, it’s miserable.

Concerning the right hoist, I moved my Takisawa 2500 pound lathe with my Harbor Freight hoist...because it has steel castoring wheels everywhere I could roll the lathe all over the concrete floor and position the lathe to fractions of an inch.

I have used a hoist with fixed wheels on the legs, it’s miserable.
The only problem with the hoist is the width of the V legs, the crate was wider than the V. The box was 28" wide. For a narrower box, or an engine, it's great. I love the steel castors. My original ram corroded, so I replaced it with a 5 ton ram. No issue lifting or controlling the drop.

Finally all the pieces in place. Had to remove column from base. Some fine gentlemen carried it downstairs and helped me get it assembled onto the base. Now lots of clean up and set up. Need to run a 20 A circuit to this location.
IMG_20200612_163459.jpg

Back