This maybe the biggest money saver you can find...

I'm in the process of buying a PM-932M— been studying it for some months now, but I wanted to get the garage floor painted first. I couldn't expect a shiney new machine to perform properly on a stained, ugly floor. During that time, the price has jumped twice, a total of $300. PM confirms the increases are due to tariffs, so that's put an end to my vacillations. Snooze and lose, as I've so often been told. It's equally annoying when I'm holding items in my Amazon cart and I get an email saying the price on an item has changed— and it never goes down.

I'm in the process of buying a PM-932M— been studying it for some months now, but I wanted to get the garage floor painted first. I couldn't expect a shiney new machine to perform properly on a stained, ugly floor. During that time, the price has jumped twice, a total of $300. PM confirms the increases are due to tariffs, so that's put an end to my vacillations. Snooze and lose, as I've so often been told. It's equally annoying when I'm holding items in my Amazon cart and I get an email saying the price on an item has changed— and it never goes down.
Man I'm in the same boat...I have the $ set aside for the mill, I am concerned about space and I'm waiting to pick up the lathe this Friday and then really eval my available space. A mill takes up more than I think I picture...maybe 4ft sq, but the tariff.....I'm gonna be kicking myself like the Jet 16 I faultered on and missed out. Maybe this tariff thing will crush Wal-Mart's grapes....I'd LOVE that!

That's why I bought a 3-in-1 in the first place, twenty-some years ago. The Smithy is a good enough lathe for me, but milling capacity is really small. Plus, there's the constant changing of set ups. You usually have to remove the 3-jaw to get any Y travel (which, of course, is sideways and X-ish), and that's a pain. I putzed around for months trying to get around to clearing out some room, which involved actually throwing stuff out— you know how hard that is. Half the garage is still sitting in the driveway, but knowing a half ton of cast iron is speeding it's way toward me has been the motivation I needed. BTW, PM will take your order and hold delivery— I think they will allow up to 60 days, but no refund if you have second thoughts.

That's why I bought a 3-in-1 in the first place, twenty-some years ago. The Smithy is a good enough lathe for me, but milling capacity is really small. Plus, there's the constant changing of set ups. You usually have to remove the 3-jaw to get any Y travel (which, of course, is sideways and X-ish), and that's a pain. I putzed around for months trying to get around to clearing out some room, which involved actually throwing stuff out— you know how hard that is. Half the garage is still sitting in the driveway, but knowing a half ton of cast iron is speeding it's way toward me has been the motivation I needed. BTW, PM will take your order and hold delivery— I think they will allow up to 60 days, but no refund if you have second thoughts.
I guess purchasing via Amazon, holding the order isn't an option. PM says it has to ship immediately. I guess kinda the good thing about purchasing through Amazon if you're a prime member. I am waiting until this weekend and my lathe has found its place in the shop, then I will hit the purchase button on the mill. I am so close to just saying F it and do it now....but I'm supposed to be a adult and be responsible....I HATE IT!!!!

I guess purchasing via Amazon, holding the order isn't an option. PM says it has to ship immediately. I guess kinda the good thing about purchasing through Amazon if you're a prime member. I am waiting until this weekend and my lathe has found its place in the shop, then I will hit the purchase button on the mill. I am so close to just saying F it and do it now....but I'm supposed to be a adult and be responsible....I HATE IT!!!!

I just ordered My PM-932M today, delivery in about 2 weeks. The tariff had jacked the price, so I was going to skip the power down feed and save $500 (which seemed a bit steep), but the model coming in includes it for $300. Rather than wait until August and maybe pay even more, I went for it. Incidentally, PM's terms and conditions say you can have them hold an order for up to 2 months without an extra charge: "For example: a customer orders an item that is in stock but can not accept delivery yet, so requests us to hold the item for a certain time period before we ship. This would be non refundable for any reason. Also, storage charge of $100 per month would apply after 60 days of holding. " Catch is, you can't change your mind about the purchase.

Yeah, I'm a bit irritated with PM right now....for 2 weeks they have had three pm727's and I was waiting to put my mill in Friday. 3 hours after posting what i did about Amazon (previous post) about that machine, they pulled all 3 from Amazon. I saw them there at 4:30 and by 7 all 3 units were pulled. They obviously watch the posts around here, why they care? I dunno. Making me revisit my Grizzly choices. They don't offer that machine, the stand and shipping for 2k at PM....Amazon Prime made it a done deal for me. Ugh.

Yeah, I'm a bit irritated with PM right now....for 2 weeks they have had three pm727's and I was waiting to put my mill in Friday. 3 hours after posting what i did about Amazon (previous post) about that machine, they pulled all 3 from Amazon. I saw them there at 4:30 and by 7 all 3 units were pulled. They obviously watch the posts around here, why they care? I dunno. Making me revisit my Grizzly choices. They don't offer that machine, the stand and shipping for 2k at PM....Amazon Prime made it a done deal for me. Ugh.
I just checked and it looks like Amazon has six more: Amazon, but the free shipping price includes all but about $20 of the PM shipping charge. Might be worth a double sawbuck if you want to hold delivery. Do you ever get near Branson? We take the trip a couple of times a year and drive right by the Grizzly store. If you can get there, you can order on line or by phone (to make sure of the mill being in stock) and save shipping costs. I bought a rotary table that way.

That's not the deal unfortunately...
The deal,
I think they realized that prime members were getting free shipping and if you try to replicate that deal/cost on their website, it ends up $150 or so more...why would people shop their website? Kinda crappy really...

I just checked and it looks like Amazon has six more: Amazon, but the free shipping price includes all but about $20 of the PM shipping charge. Might be worth a double sawbuck if you want to hold delivery. Do you ever get near Branson? We take the trip a couple of times a year and drive right by the Grizzly store. If you can get there, you can order on line or by phone (to make sure of the mill being in stock) and save shipping costs. I bought a rotary table that way.

Unfortunately one would have to pay 8.1% sales tax if you pick it up at their store in Mo so that likely offsets a good portion if not all of the shipping costs.

Back