This Old Tony chips recovery scheme!

We need to find out his settings and exact inserts he uses, just think of the times a person could use that to fix an error! :eek 2:

I've always tried to do that with my TIG welder, but the results were never that good. The right tool for every job.

So this is what ”additive manufacturing” is all about?

The time warp humor aside, TOT’s vids are very relevant. He addresses the prime reason I have a shop full of tools. I always seem to be trying to do something there is no tool, fixture or jig for. I’m never sure if I’m the only one who is bugged by having to do something the hard way or if I have an over active imagination. But ever since I started trying to fix stuff I’ve been faced with this problem. Once I got past the basic hand tools and then fabrication equipment it seemed most of what those tools have been used for is to make tools and jigs. The problem feels like it is complicated by either I don’t know what the solution is called or I just don’t want to take the time to find it.

In this case I had struggled with a similar problem of being able to clamp at 90deg with a minimum of stuff in the way like with a C clamp. Decades ago I found a almost solution in HF. Almost. It was typical “good idea, bad execution” that the old HF was notorious for. But it was cheap so I was free to mod it to death. It came in handy but was junk. Then I somehow bumbled into the real one. It’s not something I need very often but its made the difference of the job getting done or not. The new version is what the HF(that has not been offered for over a decade, for good reason) should have been. It’s not as big as TOT’s but I have two so could probably make do.

Attachments

• 0982E9F0-308A-4819-AB51-7D0C178CBE80.jpeg
    0982E9F0-308A-4819-AB51-7D0C178CBE80.jpeg
    411.6 KB · Views: 31
Back