This Really Has To Stop.....i'll Be Broke Sooner Than Later.

I am happy to report that I kept my reverse New Year's resolution that I made.

I resolved not to buy any more tools in 2015 and kept it. It wasn't easy but I did it.

I made that resolution at 5:30 PM on 31 December.

My New Years Resolution was broke yesterday when I bought another tool that I don't need ....

Hmmm...

A month or so ago, my buddy gave me a nice Craftsman arc welder. (free!)
A week or two after that, he dropped off a Snap On YA2001A plasma cutter (Free!)
A few weeks ago two arbors for my little Atlas horizontal mill showed up.
Today there was a box from Little Machine Shop on my doorstep, containing:
A set of telescoping bore gauges
A center gauge to speed up setups for threading & grinding the tool
A set of 22 indicator tips for those various hard-to-get-at places that need indicated
A nice 6" dial caliper (mechanical, because there's no batteries to change!)
A 3" screwless vice that has "blemishes"...that I haven't been able to find yet...

Tomorrow I go check out some tools I saw on CL, though due to some unexpected bills rearing their ugly heads, I won't have that much money to spend...Still, I hope that I can score a few good tools.

Oh, and on New Year's day, I bought a new 2 ton engine hoist from Horrible Fright with the 25% off coupon. So that I can move my machine shop into the garage.

For now, I'm saving my pennies to buy a Bridgeport or similar vertical mill. Gonna need a lot of pennies....

My New Years Resolution was broke yesterday when I bought another tool that I don't need ....

Several years ago the only resolution I have been making is to spend every last penny on tools, guns, and off-roading. Somehow I'm able to keep spending.

Back