This Stuff Just Keeps Following Me Home

more importantly what's the RPM and collet size?

About 24,000 RPM, and it uses ER32 collets, I think the biggest I have for it is 3/4, and the smallest is 1/8

Well, if we could figure out what to make I could run something like that. At work.

I have 230v and 460v transformers the size of large refrigerators on the lab floor, and about 800 amps or so to work with. But I'm fairly certain the boss wouldn't appreciate me moving 300 or so servers out to the parking lot to do so... :rolleyes:

I'd be interested in hearing what you eventually end up making with that thing. :)

It might be a little too dusty for a server room.:eek:

Man I'm looking for something similar and your just buying these things for scrap. Makes my searching sckills look bad.

Very cool! I can think of several projects for it... A place I used to work at had three of these and they were the only machines (out of several machining centers) that were 100% booked-up for many months at a time. They used them to make custom cabinets out of white poly-pro. I'm actually looking for someone close to me to cut out a rear compartment enclosure for my Jeep that I modeled in Solidworks.

-WRM

Also, if you start to cut plastics with it, take a good look at the single flute offerings from the various manufacturers; they work wonders in most plastics.

-WRM

Man I'm looking for something similar and your just buying these things for scrap. Makes my searching skills look bad.

Normally this stuff just finds me. I wasn't even looking. In this case the seller called me looking for a small electric push-around forklift (that I also bought for scrap price) that I had offered them some time ago. So a little horse trading and I'm now the proud owner big router that I don't even really want.

Most of the equipment in my shop was acquired this way. For instance, that big forklift just showed up in my driveway one day. We had to drag it off of the trailer, it wouldn't even roll. About a month and $1000 later I have an operational boom type forklift. I guess it's just a matter of who you know. I also check Craigslist several times a day looking for bargains.

Wow would I have loved to have that. I'm building a large router plane right now...

Back