This took my remaining tool money for the next while!

pdentrem

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
1936 Chrysler Airstream
Been seeing it around at shows the last few years. I have always been 30s or muscle car guy and was half looking at any that were sale. I did not want a project that sits for 10 years while I spend 50-100K to finish. I rather buy one that was already done.
This one came up early last year but I had just bought a new Camry Hybrid, so no and the idea fell to the side. The ad went away as well, figured it was sold. This last end of June, my was checking around and it was listed. So made the 4 hour trip, looked it over, wife loves the colour and the rest is history.
Resto-mod just the driveline, 318 2 bbl, 904 Torqueflight, 8 1/4” rearend w/rear drums and disc front brakes and ps rack from Ford Aerostar. Everything above the drive line stayed original other than the shifter and parking brake assembly.
Pierre

FDD02592-1788-4E6B-89F3-808E5FE2DF8F.jpeg

Photo I took last year at a show.
9F9B68DA-1666-4FDB-A632-CE2BD01408E7.jpeg

Oh wow, very cool! A couple good fellas hanging off the running boards and you’ll be all set...

-frank

We were watching “Public Enemies” just the other night! Also watched ”American Graffiti” back a month ago.
Pierre

Last edited:
Saweet ride! Well done :clapping:

That was a great find. Love the year and style.

Awesome....

Great looking car. I like the color too. Mike

Very nice Pierre!
Cheers
Martin

Back