Thoughts On Enco Turn Pro 1340

I ended up buying a South Bend Heavy 10. I know I can basically get anything I need for the South Bend should something be needed. If I end up not liking it, I am just going to order a new PM1340GT.

So I have been looking at machine's for a while and had decided on the PM1236 with 3 phase motor, vfd, and DRO. As it is, Murphy's law kicked in and I had to replace my HVAC so my discretionary funds took a hit. I wasn't planning on buying anything soon, but today I found an Enco Turn Pro 1340 on CL. It is in excellent condition, comes with a 3 jaw, 4 jaw, steady rest, and drill head. The lead screw actually looks to be unused. I can swing the price right now for this.

I talked to the guy and he said it came out of a school shop where the instructor was afraid to let anyone use it because they might get hurt. He figures it is about 20 years old or a bit more. I can buy it for $2650 and he will hook it up to run for a test. It has a 3 HP 3 phase motor in it. I will still have to buy a VFD, but that isn't a big deal.

I think it is a good deal and a good machine being made in Taiwan. Anything specific I should look at before pulling the trigger?

Thanks.

Good Lord, how did I ever live through High School Machine Shop! We used lathes, shapers, vertical and horizontal mills, drill presses, welders, surfaces grinders, natural gas ovens, hammers, etc. The only injury we had was from horse play, not machine use. What is wrong with or educational system today?

Am going to look at a Taiwan made ENCO 1340 today. Wish me luck!

So I have been looking at machine's for a while and had decided on the PM1236 with 3 phase motor, vfd, and DRO. As it is, Murphy's law kicked in and I had to replace my HVAC so my discretionary funds took a hit. I wasn't planning on buying anything soon, but today I found an Enco Turn Pro 1340 on CL. It is in excellent condition, comes with a 3 jaw, 4 jaw, steady rest, and drill head. The lead screw actually looks to be unused. I can swing the price right now for this.

I talked to the guy and he said it came out of a school shop where the instructor was afraid to let anyone use it because they might get hurt. He figures it is about 20 years old or a bit more. I can buy it for $2650 and he will hook it up to run for a test. It has a 3 HP 3 phase motor in it. I will still have to buy a VFD, but that isn't a big deal.

I think it is a good deal and a good machine being made in Taiwan. Anything specific I should look at before pulling the trigger?

Thanks.
Hi
Good Lord, how did I ever live through High School Machine Shop! We used lathes, shapers, vertical and horizontal mills, drill presses, welders, surfaces grinders, natural gas ovens, hammers, etc. The only injury we had was from horse play, not machine use. What is wrong with or educational system today?

Am going to look at a Taiwan made ENCO 1340 today. Wish me luck!

hi Hozzie. I just bought An Enco Turn-pro 13x40 from year 2000. Just got it going on a static phase converter. Still on the rolling carts for now till I find the right spot – Bridgeport is coming later today. Anyway – did you possibly get a manual with your machine? If you did I would so appreciate a copy of some kind.

282EDE4D-2DF5-44B3-963B-9DB1ED6D1336.png

That looks exactly like my Acra-Turn.

Hi

hi Hozzie. I just bought An Enco Turn-pro 13x40 from year 2000. Just got it going on a static phase converter. Still on the rolling carts for now till I find the right spot – Bridgeport is coming later today. Anyway – did you possibly get a manual with your machine? If you did I would so appreciate a copy of some kind.
I didn’t buy that machine so no, sorry.

That looks exactly like my Acra-Turn.
Hi ddickey, Really – exactly? All the knobs and shift levers in the same place? If so would you please tell me the model number. I’m really having a tough time locating my “exact” model and good information/manual etc. thanks much.

Hi ddickey, Really – exactly? All the knobs and shift levers in the same place? If so would you please tell me the model number. I’m really having a tough time locating my “exact” model and good information/manual etc. thanks much.
C2DF9554-FD9A-41B6-896A-EB2A1F2EC9CD.pngC32C7723-3B96-4643-AF5E-E70107C504B5.jpeg

Back