Thread mic brands

Brento

Registered
Registered
What does everyone use for thread micrometers. Id like to get interchangeable tips if possible so its a one time buy. Decent pricing of course.

I use only the range type in the smaller sizes, in the larger sizes, affordability lies in Chineseium goods.

I have the Shars 0-1. It works great for me. Good smooth action and consistent readings. It's no Mitutoyo, but good quality overall for the price.

that's what I ordered today. not too bad on price $57 on epay.

I think I have a Accusize one which is an import. Surprisingly smooth though it came with zero paperwork so I have no idea what anvil to use with what TPI. <shrug/>

I have the Shars 0-1. It works great for me. Good smooth action and consistent readings. It's no Mitutoyo, but good quality overall for the price.
Same here. I have had it for several years now. Works fine.

I think I have a Accusize one which is an import. Surprisingly smooth though it came with zero paperwork so I have no idea what anvil to use with what TPI. <shrug/>
in looking at the shars and accusize, they look to be the same.
aren't the anvils marked with the tpi range?

in looking at the shars and accusize, they look to be the same.
aren't the anvils marked with the tpi range?
I just checked and they are marked. The lettering on the small thread sizes is so small that even with my 2.5x magnifiers they are barely legible. Bigger TPI are fine.
Thanks for getting me off the couch to go look!

Last edited:
Back