Registered
just started to use my new lathe
I brushed on car axle bearing grease
seems to be near gone on gear teeth after just a few hours

what are you using?

saw some dry spray lube, any ideas on this?002-47.jpg

[h=1]FINISH LINE DRY TEFLON CHAIN LUBE BIKE BICYCLE[/h]

Hi, Dan12.
I have a G4003G, but I am not clear on which gears you are referring to. :thinking:

I use a high pressure spray lube from Wurth on the open gears. Works very well. Has a high tack.

Dave

Hi, Dan12.
I have a G4003G, but I am not clear on which gears you are referring to. :thinking:

change gears on end next to motor belts
3 gears that are used for threading

- - - Updated - - -

I use a high pressure spray lube from Wurth on the open gears. Works very well. Has a high tack.

Dave

thx,I'll look that up

Dan look up open gear lubricant. Many years ago I got a cartridge of open gear lube and it is black and very sticky.

David

Dan look up open gear lubricant. Many years ago I got a cartridge of open gear lube and it is black and very sticky.

David

thx
I got on ebay and got a spray can of that Wurth brand
will see how it goes,$25

but cheaper then gears

:nono:

Last edited:
Motorcycle chin lube?

Never tried it on a chain. It's called HHS-K a high pressure lube. Water thin to flow well but thickens quickly. Works great on garage door rollers, pinewood derby cars, hinges, gears, knurl axles, I bet it would work on a chain even. Bought the last can at Goodspeed motoring.

Dave

Motorcycle ch(a)in lube?

That's what I use on my ...3G. Of coarse it's always in stock @ The Bike Shop.:))

Over the years I've found the Klotz brand to be my 'go to' chain lube. Easily directed where you want it with the little red straw nozzle and very sticky. It stays put and does a great job, and it's NOT 25 bucks a can!

Back